Going International

Taken on the bridge crossing the Pigeon River.

Two days ago I crossed Pigeon River into Canada. Customs was fast and easy, and the customs agent even bothered to ask me if my family knew where I was. Trying to adjust to the time change, I got an early bedtime on an abandoned side road several miles past the border.

On Tuesday I made good time into Thunder Bay. My first stop was at a gas station to go to the bathroom and check Google Maps for grocery stores. The cashier, Fred, offered me a free sandwich and Gatorade! Thank you Fred! Then, I proceeded to waste 4 hours navigating a large, foreign city with a heavy bike, no internet, and city traffic.

It's drizzling rain here in Hurkett, ON and I'm glad to be back on the road.

Comments

  1. Hope the Canadians continue to treat you well. You are making good progress and seeing lots of new areas with more ahead. Will you hang close to the Lakes ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that customs agent. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts