Type Two Fun

Yesterday marked one month on the road. I rode 89 miles from Jordan, MT to Miles City, MT. Although I've ridden further other days, yesterday was my most grueling day so far. Dreading the heat, I procrastinated my departure, so I didn't start riding until 10:30. I faced a fearce headwind, so for the first 60 miles, my average speed was barely 10 mph. Finally, I suffered two flat tires, which slowled me considerably and resulted in blisters from using my bicycle hand pump. Eight hours of riding later, I arrived in Miles City, where I am now.

Today, I'll ride 80ish miles to Baker, MT.

My longer term plan is to explore the Badlands in South Dakota, then to cut diagonally north through SD to get back on our planned route.

Comments

  1. you're learning more about the United States on this ride than in your US History class - and it was a very fine history class! that guy's shirt is so classy. not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts