Remarkable Generosity

I was 4 miles from Ekalaka, MT last night, biking under the light from a half moon. The road, hwy 7, was all but deserted, and I could see approaching cars from several miles away. Around 2225, I passed a law enforcement vehicle in oncoming traffic that turned around and pulled up beside me. Someone had told the on-duty officer, Jamie, that there was a cyclist on the road. I accept Jamie's ride to Ekalaka, and answered all the the normal questions: Where to? Where from? How old are you? I asked if it would be alright for me to camp in an Ekalaka public park, and he asked if he could buy me a hotel room. I said yes.

He also gave me money to take myself out for breakfast this morning, so I'm posting this from the Wagon Wheel Cafe, Jamie's suggestion.

Wow. Thank you so much Jamie! Unbelievable generosity that I will certainly remember.

Comments

Popular Posts