Drove Through Hell on Friday 13th

Today I began with a short climb to the top of Rogers Pass.

Rogers Pass.

I passed a record cold spot!

From Rogers Pass to Great Falls there wasn't much traffic, I had the wind at my back, and the shoulder was pretty good. It was also mostly downhill. Oh but it was so hot, and the trees were few and far between.

My thermometer reading 109°F (43°C). Yes, it was in the sun, but hey, so was I. About 100°F in the shade for reference. 

It's hard to enjoy riding in that sort of heat, so I decided to just bike fast, only stopping to refill water.

This afternoon in Great Falls, MT, I bought Oreos, Watermelon, and a new bike helmet. Now I'm camped in a public park.

Comments

  1. Hope the new helmet has a cooling system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see you next I’ll tell you about the time Mia and I rode Arches in 114. I can relate. Stay cool and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did! (see above) And then we never ever ever did such a thing again. Whereas, you are doing it again and again and again. Dude.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts