Black Hills National Forest

Today was my 3rd day in South Dakota. Yesterday I rode 70 miles against an unforgiving, relentless headwind. Today, I rode 52 miles with a slight tailwind, into Black Hills National Forest! It's refreshing here, surrounded by familiar plants and away from endless rolling hills.

As rediculous as it is, I plan to visit Mount Rushmore National Monument tomorrow. I'm not sure what I hope to gain from seeing four giant immortalized faces of former US presidents on a sacred native mountain. However, I'll be sure to buy postcards.

Moving forwards, my route will take me through Rapid City and into Badlands National Park.

Comments

  1. Mt Rushmore will add to your deepening understanding of the depth and breadth of American culture and the size of our RVs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why but apparently I am Unknown. But really it is me Jessica but I suspect you could tell.

      Delete
  2. Forecast calling for severe thunderstorms! You know where to find all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily bike tires are insulators against lightning (a truth of which I convinced myself stuck biking in many thunder storms and from which I refuse to be parted)!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts