Baja Peninsula 4


I love wild camping. 


Kind gentleman riding this young horse. 

This tree formed a stunning natural palapa. 

Good views.

Desalination facility in San Evaristo.

These small churches are often located at the top of hills, offering one final opportunity to accept Jesus before you commit to a loose, rocky, 17% downhill. 


Good views.

Arrived in La Paz on February 14th.

Months ago, my dad had signed up for a guided sea kayaking trip in Baja California Sur. He invited me to join him, and by sheer luck, I made it to La Paz just at the right time. 

We explored Baja California Sur for a few days before the kayak trip. 

Painted palm tree.

Hike in the national park.

Library.

This dog followed Ben around on his roller skates for hours. But it's tail gave a mixed message. 

We embark for the kayak trip.

I didn't take any pictures on the trip. Here is a picture of me as proof I was there. 

The nature on the kayak trip was like a movie. Wild animals presenting themselves at every turn. Pelicans gliding inches above the water, than diving gracelessly to catch a fish. Manta rays, as big as a large pizza, leaping feet out of the water. Dolphins passing within feet of the kayaks. Many bizarre-looking fish. And our guides seems to have limitless knowledge of the natural history we were embedded in. 

This guide is Mario. He was interested in my trip, and offered many social connections in La Paz, and Mexico City, also. Including to let me stay at his house in La Paz!

Comments

Popular Posts