Storm

Last night I decided to camp under a shaded picknick table area in a public park. Today, I woke up to gusty wind and rain. At three in the morning. In several minutes, it was too windy to set up my tent, and the rain became a sideways downpour. Instantly soaked, I was briefly thankful for the warmth of the Montana summer. This weather, accompianed by a spectacular show of lightning, lasted for about 90 minuets. I gave up on sleep for the night and played Minecraft Pocket Edition as the early daylight pushed the storm clouds aside.

The rest of today has been as punishingly hot as any other, and I haven't yet ridden my bike. I plan to ride the 36 miles to Ekalaka, MT today, starting around 1830.

I got some cool pictures of the lightning, so stay tuned for that.

Comments

  1. Ekalaka sounds like the name of the imaginary friends who used to live in our house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts